Wednesday, July 1, 2009

birthdays!

My weekend has started and it's insanely busy! I'm going to Stillwater tomorrow evening for a dinner to celebrate both my mom and mine's birthdays (is that the right grammar?), and then I'm headed to Tulsa to spend the night before Kendra and I leave early Friday morning for Austin, TX to visit Jess! We come back on Sunday, and then I leave Tulsa on Monday morning to head to OKC for another job interview. I still haven't heard back from the other job I applied for, so I was so grateful when I got a call today for an interview in another hospital. After the interview it's back to Stillwater on Monday night to pick up Chap, and then headed to Lawrence on Tuesday. Then on Thursday I take my licensing exam! Whew!

I turn 26 on Sunday....and if you don't know, I LOVE BIRTHDAYS. I think I love them so much because I spend 364 days out of the year thinking about other people and on July 5th every year I can think about me and only me. Maybe a little selfish, but who cares?? It's my birthday, dangit! :) I think they are also special because growing up my brother and I always had great birthday celebrations. I would spend months planning and thinking about the 'theme' I wanted, even if it was yet another swimsuit party where we pulled out the slip-in-slide in the backyard and the baby pool. Just for fun, I'm thinking of a few of the themes I had:

age 9?? -- American Girl party -- I had the "Samantha" doll so we had petit fours as dessert, just as Samantha had, and a tea party, just like Samantha did.

age 10: "bike hike" -- the invitations were in the shape of a bicycle wheel and we all went on a bike scavenger hunt with my mom, looking for clues that eventually led back to the house.

age 11?? "flower power" -- my mom made a chocolate cake and put it in a flower window box to look like dirt, complete with gummy worms and fake flowers

age 13: scrapbook -- I copied from my cousin Hannah's birthday and had a Creative Memories consultant come and each girl got to design her own scrapbook page, which was collected together into a book for me. This was the beginning of my love of scrapbooking!

age 14: surprise birthday party -- my mom and dad took me to the movies and at the theater I was surprised by all my friends. After the movie we went to Mexico Joe's and my birthday cake was chocolate of course, with the message "Happy Birthday from Isaac, Taylor, and Zac" written in icing (I was in LOVE with the band Hanson). haha!

age 16: my first boy/girl party, haha. I had many new friends whom I had met through band and they all came - I had so much fun!

age 18: my mom and I had a joint birthday party with the family

I'm sure there are others but I can't remember them all. I hope to make the best birthdays ever for my kids and/or nieces/nephews someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment